Eid Al Adha is the second Eid of the Islamic year. After staying the 9th day of Zulhijjah in Arafah, then spending the night in Muzdalifah, the pilgrims will be completing their hajj on the 10th, 11th, 12th and 13th of Zulijjah by stoning the Jamrah, making a sacrifice (Hady), shaving/cutting their hair and performing the Tawaf and Sai' for Hajj.
Muslims all around the world join in with the pilgrims by celebrating Eid Al Adha. Many will also be offering their own sacrifices on that day (Qurban). This year, in Makkah, Eid Al Adha falls on Friday 1st September 2017 same as in Malaysia which is tomorrow.
A Few Things To Do On Eid
- Take a bath before going to the prayer.
- Dress in nice new clothes whilst remaining modest and humble.
- Eat meals after the Eid Prayer (Sunnah).
- Say the Takbir, Tahlil and Tahmid announced from the Masjid.
- Greet other Muslims on the occasion of Eid.
- Sacrifice (Qurban) and distribute some of the meat as a gift or as charity.